Software Engineering Instructor at Code Platoon
Code Platoon is a non-profit coding bootcamp that prepares US military veterans and military spouses for software development careers. We’ve served 120+ students over 14 cohorts since 2016 with a strong 80%+ job placement rate due to our small class sizes, industry volunteers, and excellent instruction. We are looking for a full-time software engineering instructor to continue this history of excellence.
As a Software Engineering Instructor, you will lead instruction to develop our students into software engineers. You’ll lead lectures alongside our Lead Instructor, work personally with students, and facilitate an inclusive and collaborative classroom community. Overall, you will ensure that each student has an exceptional experience and is well-prepared for the software engineering world. You understand that good software developers don’t just know how to code; they have the emotional intelligence that allows them to give and receive feedback. They know that the way forward is often through pure grit and determination. You will help model and advance these skills.
This is a full-time role that will report to our Director of Education. Our hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (central time). We have three full-time 15-week cohorts per year with a week-long break in the middle of each cohort and at least a one week break between cohorts.
- Lead instruction on software engineering in various settings, including an entire class, small groups of students, and individually
- Support students in their learning and growth
- Create a positive, professional, and inclusive learning environment for our students
- Iterate on our curriculum and adjust based on student feedback and industry trends
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or 2+ years of professional work experience as a software engineer
- Experience as a teacher or mentor in a technical setting (e.g., bootcamp instructor, college TA in a CS class, tech tutorial video maker, etc.)
- An entrepreneurial mindset, always looking to grow, improve Code Platoon’s programs, and further our mission.
- A formal background in education is a plus.