Software Engineering Lead at JPMorgan Chase
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in Asset and Wealth Management services. With assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Marketing is fast becoming a highly technology-powered discipline, with client’s expectations heavily influenced by digital disruption and innovation. Wealth Management Marketing Technology is an integral part in this arena to deliver a world class client-centric experience across the Private Bank, JP Morgan Securities, and Chase Wealth Management. We are continuing to standardize and evolve the marketing technology platforms supporting the Wealth Management businesses.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience along with lead experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages – Core Java
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative cultureStrong leader managing software engineers throughout the software delivery lifecycle.
- Experience with managing and mentoring a team of software engineers.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum or XP), Waterfall, and Hybrid methodologies.
- Full stack experience in both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Proficiency in:
- Object Oriented software design
- Cloud-based architecture
- Strong Core Java
- Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat, JUnit
- GIT/Stash, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Databases: Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, H2 - strong SQL
- XML, JSON, Protocol Buffers
- Messaging - MQ/JMS/Mule/Kafka
- Web Services
o React, NodeJS, HTML 5, CSS, Bootstrap, Jest, Redux, Typescript
- Java Multithreading, Security and Performance
- JIRA and Confluence
- Technical analysis & design of business solutions
· Domain knowledge in Banking and/or Marketing highly preferred.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
· Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
· Excellent problem solving, reasoning and debugging skills.
· Research and prototype new technologies & features as appropriate.
· Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance.
· Occasional support for Production releases scheduled after office hours
· Continuous improvement of our tools and processes to enable DevOps modernization.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Our team of agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.