Software Engineering Manager, Full Stack & Mobile
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Meraki Go is a new mobile-first networking solution for small businesses. With the new Meraki Go mobile app, our customers deploy and configure their networks with consumer-grade simplicity and enterprise-grade power.
Meraki Engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from start to finish, and are problem solvers. We believe that the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our engineers. At Meraki, we foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
In this role, you will lead a team that’s adapting existing Meraki products for a new small business market segment. This creative and dynamic team works across our entire stack from initial prototyping and user experience design, to full-stack web and mobile development. As a manager at Meraki, you will provide architectural leadership, review code and designs, and help guide product direction. You will be a strong mentor, nurturing a cooperative environment where your team can do their best work. You will enable a highly productive relationship among product management, design, and engineering. You have a committed focus on user experience and polish, and you will help ensure that your team is building the features that will have the most impact for Meraki Go. This team is part of a highly visible, strategic program, and we have an opportunity to create something beautifully simple that customers will love.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Executing new product launches while leading a talented group of individuals to thrive together as a team
- Maintaining a focus on team execution and development. This includes managing project schedules and identifying risks in an environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles. You will set commitments, deadlines, and high standards for the team
- Collaborating closely with engineering peers, product managers and partners from across the business to plan roadmap, features, and timelines
- Communicating clearly and effectively to ensure transparency as you drive forward this new initiative
- Build cross-product features and infrastructure in joint effort with other engineering teams
- Breaking down and prioritizing product requirements into smaller, deployable features
- Performing technical design and code reviews
- Partnering closely with our recruiters to build out one of the first engineering teams in the Chicago office
- Meeting regularly with direct reports to review performance, identify any issues, clarify expectations, and support their professional growth
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in software development with at least 3 years of experience managing teams
- Self-sufficiency and experience working and coordinating with distributed teams
- Experience prototyping, shipping, and iterating on a new product or complex feature
- Have the ability to influence, facilitate discussion, and work in partnership with other teams
- Strategic and product oriented mindset with a deep desire to understand users
- Passion for learning about networking and cloud technologies
- Are adaptable and versatile, but also understand that processes, schedules, estimates, and deadlines are necessary. You have excellent prioritization skills.
- Willing to travel to Meraki HQ in San Francisco up to 20% of the time
Bonus and nice to haves:
- A track record of making complex technology accessible to non-technical audiences, from initial conception through to a successful launch
- Have worked closely with Product Management, UX, or Design teams
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills
- Background in both web and mobile development
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.