We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
About the Role:
Fast Radius is in search of an experienced Software Engineering Manager to help grow and nurture a team of diverse, driven, emotionally intelligent software engineers that are creating innovative software used to run several systems that support our customers and our world-class factory.
About The Role:
- Facilitating strong team outcomes as a servant leader
- Cultivate and maintain trust, comfort, camaraderie, and compassion amongst a diverse team of talented engineers
- Continuously improve upon your team’s process and best practices ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of high-quality software, maintaining the balance between maximizing business impact and minimizing technical debt
- Actively participate in hiring and the growth of our team, as well as the broader engineering hiring process
- Forge strong partnerships with product management, design and other key areas of the business
- Help your team stay on track via an effective sprint planning process and daily stand-ups
- Participate in and manage all phases of development from ideation to post-deployment issue resolution
- Provide coaching and counseling via mentoring, one-on-one meetings, etc
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define key aspects of the architecture and technical direction
- 5+ years experience building production software or web applications focusing on writing clean, well-designed, and scalable code
- 2+ years of demonstrable engineering management experience building high-functioning teams
- Desire and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop new skills and advance software engineers in their careers. Leveraging your high EQ, you provide candid feedback around performance and career growth.
- Experience managing remote software engineers
What You'll Be Working With:
- A fantastic team of kind, talented and fun people
- Our internal data capture platform for sensor information from 3D printers
- The automated analysis of 3D models
- A customer-focused e-commerce portal
- Our internal micro-factory management software
- Elixir, React, ES6, Rust, Postgres, AWS and more
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description