Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Global Logistics has recently been ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. We are looking for incredible people to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
The Software Engineering Manager will help develop products that are reshaping the face of technology within the logistics & supply chain industries. You'll work alongside other self-starters interested in solving complex problems for our clients and improving the tools we provide our employees. You'll have the opportunity to help build a world class enterprise technology platform.
- Hire, onboard, develop and retain talented Software and Senior Software Engineers to focus on key product initiatives
- Coach engineers through the product delivery process
- Facilitate regular 1:1s and career growth conversations with your direct reports, that includes: goal setting, feedback, code reviews, coaching, and mentoring
- Keep a constant pulse across the engineering department to ensure team satisfaction and health, continuous growth and learning, and overall alignment
- Develop systems, strategies, high standards and collaborate closely with other stakeholders to deliver business value
- Build and enforce engineering best practices including design documentation and routine standups
- 10+ years of development experience in an enterprise setting
- Prior hands-on software engineering experience and a solid understanding of backend systems, infrastructure, databases and large-scale data processing frameworks
- 3+ years leadership experience leading software development teams
- Ability to evaluate languages and tools to effectively solve problems
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills across distributed teams
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.