Software Engineering Manager
In this role, you will lead the development of Reporting Solutions at Morningstar. An ideal candidate would be a self-starter who gets technology as an art, understands business goals and creates scalable, flexible technical solutions. The candidate would be fully responsible for delivery and ensuring modern software development practices are being applied with rigor. They would motivate the team and cultivate a culture of high energy and technical excellence. Establishing a good support infrastructure to handle production issues and being responsive to customer problems is essential to the role. Exposure & experience in large-scale system implementation is a big plus. This position is based out of our headquarters in Chicago.
- Manage multiple teams and own overall delivery.
- Motivate team and create a strong culture of engineering excellence.
- Be able to mentor team and manage organizational issues including performance calibration and salary reviews.
- Collaborate with local & global teams for both technical and non-technical issues like project management and requirements management.
- Cultivate technical backlog with team leads to upgrade platform continuously.
- Analyze & remediate production issues and build in fault tolerance & operational readiness into the system architecture.
- High availability of systems is a must-have.
- Enforce practices like test driven development, CI & test automation.
- Act as the software guardian. Own non-functional requirements, architectural direction, quality of the code and addressing technical debt.
- 10+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading development teams.
- Strong leadership capabilities & excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with Agile Methodologies such as XP and Scrum.
- Experience managing multiple teams & distributed development.
- Experience in operations and managing live production applications, monitoring, remediation and incident management.
- Experience with the design and develop code for Web based applications using Java and modern Frontend technologies.
- Experience in a data-oriented environment and knowledge of data manipulation patterns.
- Financial or accounting industry knowledge very helpful.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity