Software Engineering Manager
Jellyvision is hiring a Software Engineering Manager
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Software Engineering Manager to help us.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll lead a team of talented frontend, backend, and full-stack engineers in designing, building, and delivering our suite of products*. You’ll manage a team of approximately 6-8 direct reports, and will report to the Director of Product Engineering.
Our engineering managers will:
- Manage the performance and career growth of team members
- Perform regular one-on-ones and provide timely and constructive feedback
- Clear the road for the team by identifying and removing obstacles
- Ensure Jellyvision’s engineering standards and best practices are followed
- Collaborate with folks in our product and creative teams, as well as other engineering managers
- Deliver products
- Hire new engineering talent
- Help their team look towards the future of the product
Experience & Skills
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager with:
- A strong background in software development and web technologies
- A strong track record of leading a productive development team
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
Our ideal Engineering Manager:
- Communicates clearly and effectively (both within tech and between tech and non-tech)
- Leads technical discussions,
- Help resolve technical disagreements
- Presents and evaluate engineering trade-offs.
- Creates an environment where people love to do their best work, while having fun doing it
- Motivates and promotes technical experts and future leaders
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!