Software Engineering Manager
Join us to make a difference and deliver results across the organization and for our clients. As the Software Engineering Manager at PerkSpot, you will be leading a team of developers who consistently aim high to deliver clean results.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 800 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
A successful candidate will:
- Lead a growing team of engineers, technologists and leaders.
- Be responsible for technology developed by your team in each phase of a project design, implementation, code review, QA and deployment to production.
- Identify and deliver solutions and strategies to push the boundaries of our tech stack to handle scalability and performance goals, while also expanding our adoption of machine learning and AI.
- Drive the creation and execution of quarterly roadmaps for product enhancements and technical improvements, in collaboration with product management to align with PerkSpot’s business strategy.
- Actively mentor and coach all direct reports, including the next stage of leaders and managers to continue the team’s growth
- Manage and maintain SLAs for all platforms and systems
- Work collaboratively with their team to identify and develop the talents of each individual
- Plan and budget for headcount resourcing to achieve business objectives
- Support the team to help them achieve the objectives set forth
- Hire and work to maintain outstanding talent for the team
- Keep you team’s vision aligned with the bigger picture in mind
A successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 years experience - at least 2 years as a manager
- 3+ years of experience in leading complex, technically-challenging, cross-functional software oriented projects from inception to delivery
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts on product initiatives
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of consumer applications and in-house systems to help scale the company
- Experience and interest in machine learning and AI
- Have hands-on experience designing, building and maintaining of the full customer facing application stack.
- Understanding of software architecture to help empower software developers to leverage the platform with reliability
- Understanding of the different coding languages (we are a .NET and C# environment)
- Passion for leading teams and setting the vision
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.