Software Engineering Manager at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager for Business Operations to own all operation platforms. You will manage and inspire a small team of software engineers and lead them to complete exciting projects. Our production facility and our supply chain operation is central to Farmer’s Fridge. Your fresh insight will be key, and we will count on you to help us think outside the box. Your team will help ensure that we safely deliver fresh and tasty food to our customers as the scale of our business continues to grow.
What You’ll Contribute:
- Your contributions will result in an overhaul of the operations systems that power our production facility.
- Your leadership and resource allocation decisions will ensure that Farmer’s Fridge continues to produce the food necessary to be a nationwide company.
- You’ll balance business needs with engineering capability as we scale, understanding the right mix of integrating ERPs with building our own internal software.
- You will be an essential partner, collaborating with cross-functional teams, especially Operations, Product and Leadership.
What Your Background May Look Like:
- Ideally, you’ll have at least 6 years of relevant experience, including demonstrated leadership skills
- You are a productive engineer who enjoys hands on coding with the team and digging in to make architecture decisions
What Traits We Are Looking For:
- Communication. You listen to others and can understand how their contributions fit in with others. You can convey complicated concepts and instructions in a clear manner.
- Leadership. Your words and actions provoke positive action. Your team understands your direction and are motivated to see it through.
- Planning. You methodically plan next steps and understand how your choices impact your team and how their actions affect the company.
- Agile. You feel comfortable creating structure in ambiguous situations; however, you have a knack for pivoting quickly when necessary.
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact "employee drive-thru".
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosure