Software Engineering at JPMorgan Chase
Release management Position will require some weekend work for the monthly releases.
Job Duties Include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage Release Schedule and Calendar - Work with Product Manager and Program Manager to work through release schedules.
• Work with all Product Owner leads to on delivery goals for the Program based on the product vision to align feature goals and sprint goals to produce a unified delivery.
• Seek opportunities for improvement of the delivery process while facilitating communications across the program.
• Work closely with teams and key stakeholders to design and drive the execution of high quality technology solutions
• Manage and or develop Playbooks, Runbooks, Build Verify Documents, Roadmap for CI Releases & PTO Application checklists.
• Promote a DevOps culture by building relationships with development & Operations.
• Coordinate the Quarterly/Minor and off cycles and meetings around releases along with the runbook walk through.
• Have a strong understanding of the stories and code that goes into production to communicate with the management team or review board on the Service Now tool, implemented or failed along with the Impacts and resolution.
• Support an end to end project and release cycle, inclusive of project or release scope, critical milestones, sourcing requirements, test strategy, execution and implementation checklists, back out plans, Impact analysis, post deployment validation, UAT-NFT Sign Offs, stakeholder & technology activities while evolving within the agile process.
• Enforce release standards and ensure items are continuously current and up to date which requires an enhanced skill set in Jira to provide coaching on team standards, creating branches for push and pull requests.
• Run Go/No go calls prerelease & KT sessions for the Team Demo.
• Help teams chase down Service Now approvals, cross check implementation plans for accuracy ensuring the windows are met and the deployment occurs in a timely fashion.
• Use Innovation to implement change and continuously work to identify gaps and improve on the process. Understand the risks and ensure teams adhering to operational readiness tasks and delivering on NRFs on time.
• Maintain all documentation on Confluence and SharePoint.
• Hold retrospectives at the end of each release to uncover pain points and assign take away items
• Helpful to have a broad knowledge development and software such as: bit bucket, devX, GitHub, Cloud Based & feature driven development, behavior driven development, Specification by Example, JAVA, GitHub, DevX, APIs, Jenkins/JULES, and Scripts, ITSM, Confluence & JAVA.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree (Computer Science, Technology, Engineering) or equivalent
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Release Lead or Release Manager Role with hands on experience leading and working with development software and teams.
*Certified Scrum Master Certificate or equivalent experience a plus.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.