Software Engineering at JPMorgan Chase
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Design, implement and test all Java/J2EE requirements
- Ensure compliance to all requirements and maintain accuracy for the same and design technical system documents and architectural standards.
- Maintain a record of maintenance releases for all applications and maintain knowledge of enhancements.
- Recommend enhancements to designs and prepare software for reuse.
- Resolve emergency production issues and ensure appropriate resolution of issues within the required time-frame.
- Document designs and perform unit tests and develop applications.
- Code for system design and prepare efficient application programming interfaces.
- Design and create test conditions, behaviors/scenarios and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques for managing and delivering large scale projects
- Lead the Development team by example and ensure that we have adequate Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Participate and resolve L3 issues that occur and ensure we design resiliency management and performance tune the application to minimize frequently occurring issues
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· 3-5+ years of hands-on technical experience
· Involvement in planning, refinement, estimation of stories / JIRAs
· Hands on experience in development and support of REST API interface – SpringBoot and Swagger
· Knowledge about SQL(Oracle), and No-SQL DB(Cassandra) preferred
· Knowledge of mircorservices testing
· Experience in multi-tasking, and working as part of a regional or global project
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good analytical skills
Must be comfortable working indepen
• DBMS concepts / SQL queries
• Unix commands
• Messaging framework : Kafka
• Caching frameworks: Redis / GemFire
Good to Have skills:
• UNIX scripting
• Continuous Integration (CI)
• GIT, Jenkins
• Testing tools
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.