At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Software Integration Architect with expertise in event streaming and distributed architecture to join our Software Engineering practice and work with our clients to solve some of their most complex technology problems. The Architect will work directly with multiple clients in various industries as a member of a highly collaborative team of software engineering consultants.
- Interact with key decision makers (CIO, IT Directors, etc.) at our clients to drive and deliver software integration solutions
- Work with our clients to solve problems through analysis of existing systems and processes
- Take on full life cycle projects from requirements gathering through design, implementation, and roll out
- Utilize your creativity and make an impact on designs with a “blank slate” development mentality within the general boundaries of client expectations
- Lead project teams in the build out of distributed and event steam-based architecture
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our software integration offerings, adapting to trends in the market and with our clients
- 7-11+ years of experience in software engineering, preferably having designed and implemented integration solutions
- Prior consulting experience highly desired but not a requirement; understanding of how technology holistically impacts the business
- Confident in building highly available, scalable, lossless distributed and event stream-based systems serving large amounts of data at a minimum latency with high throughput
- Experience with Stream-based integration patterns and ecosystem of technologies: Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, and/or cloud-based equivalents (Azure Event Hubs, Amazon Kinesis)
- Experience in leading iPaaS / EAI tools (e.g. MuleSoft, Boomi, or similar)
- Experience in message-based integration patterns tools and brokered messaging solutions (e.g. ActiveMQ, NATS, RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus, Amazon MQ/SQS/SNS)
- Experience building integrations using modern development languages (e.g. C#, Java, Scala, Python, NodeJS)
- Experience with designing, building, and advising clients on decoupled message-based system integrations projects, using standard integration patterns and related technologies (e.g. iPaaS, brokered messaging)
- Experience designing and building API-based integration and related technologies (e.g. API gateways and API management solutions)
- Experience delivering software in the public cloud AWS or Azure
- Experience in working within a collaborative, team-based Agile/Scrum project environment
- Desire and ability to work towards leading a team of 2-8 software engineering consultants
- Proactive desire to continue to broaden and deepen technical, business and consulting skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple client projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred, not required
- Willingness to travel ~50%
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.