Software Security Engineer at Paylocity
The Software Security Engineer is responsible for understanding and providing guidance to internal teams on best practices in software security and architecture for Paylocity’s Information Systems. Responsibilities will also include development and maintenance of internal application security tools, and performing threat modeling, static analysis, and dynamic analysis of our web and mobile applications.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain internal application security tooling.
- Automate security testing and vulnerability management procedures where reasonable.
- Integrate security into the build/deployment process.
- Promote a proactive approach to addressing the changing threat landscape by recommending and implementing architectural improvements to security infrastructure.
- Provide expert guidance and recommendations for strategic and tactical security architecture topics through risk advisory services.
- Perform vulnerability research, assessment and management, serve as a technical security/risk advisor on all new technologies used/developed at Paylocity such as cloud, session management, SSO, database, WAF, Opensource libraries.
- Support offensive security professionals by suggesting remediation strategies for reported vulnerabilities.
- Assist developers in remediating vulnerabilities by providing line-by-line guidance.
- Provide training and education to developers on software security best practices in various cloud-based systems.
- Utilize dynamic application vulnerability scanning using tools like White Hat Sentinel, IBM AppScan, HP WebInspect, Netsparker, AppSpider, or Cenzic Hailstorm.
- Utilize static application vulnerability scanning using tools like HP Fortify, Checkmarx, Veracode, Coverity, etc.
What you bring:
- Bachelors’ Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with full-stack web development.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience developing and working with Web APIs.
- Experience interpreting results from Static Code Scanning tools.
- Strong knowledge of Security Token Services, Federated Identity Providers, SAML 2.0, claims-based security and other SSO technologies.
- Experience with creating and maintaining Threat Models at scale.
- Experience with securing database platforms.
- Experience in remediating security vulnerabilities beyond OWASP Top 10.
- Experience in performing security assessments on cloud-based multi-tenant Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications running on the .NET platform.
- Experience in assessing security of native and hybrid mobile applications beyond the use of automated tools.
Nice to have:
- Experience developing in .NET is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL/MongoDB is a plus.
- Experience with message-based systems (RabbitMQ/NServiceBus/etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP/etc…) is a plus.
- Functional knowledge of container-based application infrastructure with Docker is a plus.
- Experience working with Payroll, HR, Time & Labor Management, and Online Benefits Enrollment applications is a plus.
- Experience with writing Burp plugins, opensource security tools, presenting at security conferences, writing technical research papers or publishing CVEs is a plus.