Software Site Reliability Engineer at Motorola Solutions (Remote)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewWatchGuard Video, A Motorola Solutions Company, the leading provider of digital in-car video recording systems and video evidence management software for law enforcement. We are a thriving and growing company looking for a great Software Developer. This is a full role for a Software Developer to grow and thrive. We are looking not only for a talented Software Developer, we are looking for someone who will contribute to our overall culture.
- Deliver software product reliability improvements to Motorola Solutions/WatchGuard customers, collaborating with software engineers and customer service teams.
- Troubleshoot issues, find root causes, and implement solutions to prevent them from happening again.
- Participate in incident response activities and be part of 24x7x365 incident response team rotation.
- Develop playbooks (tools, utilities, & scripts) to resolve operational issues.
- Share troubleshooting & system recovery expertise with customer service teams to help them improve their skills and knowledge.
- Collaborate with product owners to define timelines and deployment packages for product improvements.
- Follow prescribed SLA’s with parameters for Service Level Objective (SLO), Mean time to Failure (MTTR), & Mean time to Repair (MTTR).
- Experience developing, debugging, deploying, and supporting distributed applications at enterprise scale using .NET & C#
- Experienced shipping software to production environment on customer premises
- Experience in operating and supporting applications in Azure cloud.
- Track record of solving complex problems using technology and automation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Web API and ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with Windows Services and a working knowledge of WCF
- Experienced with Entity Framework, Dapper, ORMs
- SQL Server experience, especially complex queries
- Working knowledge of Windows System Administration, Active Directory, and basic DBA tasks
- Experienced with HTML, CSS
- Experienced with Single Page Application architecture
- Strong hands-on experience with PowerShell or other scripting language
- Team player willing to lead when necessary
- Site Reliability experience
- Passion and aptitude for learning
- SOLID design principles
- Software design and architectural patterns
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban techniques
- Experience with software version control such as Git
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as XUnit
- Experience with internals of IIS, MS SQL, Windows domains
- Single Page Application (SPA),
- Durandal.js experience
- Knowledge of monitoring and logging tools and platforms
- Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service experience
- Experience with Microservices and containers
- NServiceBus experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Experience with video processing or streaming
- Ideal candidate stays abreast of latest trends and technologies
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering experience or 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Candidate may reside anywhere in the US with access to a major airport for necessary travel
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.