SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
We are looking for test automation engineer as part of an innovative, cross-platform, customer-centric team, working in a high pace environment. As a Software Test Engineer, you will contribute to quality assurance of software systems and front end applications for Cat Digital that will be used everyday by Caterpillar Dealers and customers worldwide for their daily operations. Working at Cat Digital you will be able to expand on your technical skills through engagement with cutting edge technologies and gain an understanding of how digital and the business work together to build solutions for a better world.
JOB DUTIES: Test automation engineer defines, develops, maintains, and executes the automation of test scripts utilizing test automation framework (i.e. Cypress/Selenium/TestCafe) for complex customer facing application. He/she strives to ensure that user stories and/or system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users including functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow. Test automation engineer also ensures project and release testing is complete and testing risks are identified prior to implementation.
- Competent to perform all testing, project management, and quality assurance assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the complex aspects of systems work.
- Competent to perform all testing activities of new and existing software products.
- Use your understanding of systems, regression, integration, performance, and user acceptance testing
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Analyze business requirement to develop and execute manual and automation test cases
- Document software issues and defects in bug tracking software and monitor for the resolution.
- Coordinate with product owner to resolve open issues/enhancements/upgrades and understand the use of a specific functionality as needed
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5 years or more of software testing experience (manual or automation) or at least 3 years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3 years or more of test automation framework design and development experience (preferably for front end applications)
- Strong development skills in two or more of the following technologies and tools: Angular/React, Test Café, Cypress, Galen, Selenium or other BDD testing frameworks
Top candidates will also have:
- Plan, design, develop, and maintain a test automation framework that facilitates automation scripting, execution, and analysis of results for front end applications and Single page Application (SPA) extensively.
- Develop of test automation code for Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), of systems, infrastructure, and test framework.
- End-to-end system integration testing experience for software platforms
- Proven experience developing test scripts, test cases, and test data
- Strong experience in testing Webservices (REST APIs)
- The ability to write queries in SQL or other relational databases
- Experience testing full stack and integration testing with 3rd parties
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration, code review practice is strongly desired
- Experience with Apigee or other API gateways is a plus
- Experience with DevOps concepts and tools (e.g., CI/CD, Jenkins, Git)
- At least 2 years working on an Agile team with a solid understanding of Agile/Lean practices.
- Understanding of a micro service Architecture
- Experience load and performance testing
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment
- Pro-active, flexible and creative
- Very strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with developers and business users.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.