Founded in 2001, Adage® is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to build complex technical solutions that connect them to their audiences. Our people first approach drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology.
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
As a Solution Architect, you’ll create large-scale technology and web development solutions. You’ll engage with clients to understand their technical challenges, and then collaborate with our scrum teams to bring those ideas to life. You will be responsible for leading technical discovery activities, translating customer requirements into development plans and designing architecture to meet client’s expectations. You’ll guide projects through the entire SDLC - gathering requirements, estimating tasks and delivering work each sprint.
The Solution Architect will act as a technical advocate, helping to lead exploration of emerging technologies, and refining best practices and processes. As a senior member of the team, you’ll mentor other developers, conduct code reviews, and share your knowledge to promote continued learning.
What you’ll do:
- Design and building complex web applications and dynamic components of web and ecommerce sites utilizing ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio, TypeScript, SASS, and MVC
- Enhance application features using client-side technologies like React.js Angular.js, and Ajax
- Be a technical evangelist, defining best practices for current technologies establishing standards where appropriate for any technology Adage uses
- Create development timelines and recommended build sequences for large scale projects
- Participate in pre-sales activities, including but not limited to presentations, workshops, estimation activities, and POC development.
- Proactively identify risk and document potential issues
- Validate pre-existing systems, applications, and architecture to offer recommended modifications for integration within a project
- Ensure compliance with non-functional requirements including security, performance, and extensibility
- Act as an adviser to existing clients, proactively recommending new initiatives and improvements where appropriate based on industry knowledge and trends
- Optimizing existing implementations for performance, maintainability, and best practices
- Constantly improving your own skills and showing enthusiasm in your hard work
We’re looking for someone with:
- Significant experience developing ASP.NET applications (~8+ years)
- Significant experience coding in C#
- Experience estimating and planning large scale projects
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working directly with clients
- The ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Agile/Scrum experience is a plus
- Is passionate about their work, motivated to learn, and constantly looking to improve
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain's list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people-first approach and support our employees with the things that matter most. You'll enjoy a work-life balance with flex schedules, remote work options, and 20+ days of paid time off annually. Adage offers excellent benefits with 85% employer-paid insurance, profit-sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team representing and respecting diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.