General Role Description (What we expect)
You lead by example. You embrace your role as a servant leader and take pride in developing cohesive teams of selfless people. You hold yourself and everyone around you to a high standard and have the patience to guide people to reach their full potential. You love to lead people, but also enjoy getting in the weeds with your team to solve problems.
In this role, you will be a leader of both people and technology. Here is what you can expect to be doing on a daily basis:
- Constantly seek to increase Pareto’s competitive edge by applying world-class technology to solve thorny data and analytics problems in healthcare
- Manage the vision, architecture and roadmap for operationalizing Pareto’s software/data engineering initiatives
- Apply a keen product sense to building Pareto’s suite of products and tools
- Proactively provide transparency about security, system availability and data integrity to all levels in the organization
- Champion technical excellence within the engineering team and demonstrate what top-notch engineering execution and discipline looks like
- Develop and mentor a motivated and high performing team of talented engineers
- Develop strong processes to ensure consistent on-time delivery of quality software
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in engineering project and process management in an agile environment
- Experience leading engineering teams with a track record of increased quality and productivity
- Experience working with product teams to gather requirements, prioritize tasks, and improve team velocity
- Proven ability to develop and deliver distributed and reactive applications.
- Experience identifying and closing security gaps in software systems
- Hands on experience architecting and building large scale data processing infrastructure
- Knowledge with micro-services running on cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with NoSQL storage databases such Cassandra and MongoDB
- Proficiency with large scale data warehouses such Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery and Snowflake
- Experience with orchestration and deployment frameworks for micro-services such as Kubernetes and Terraform
- Expertise in at least one systems language (Java, C++ or Go)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years progressively responsible experience in information technology
- 5 to 8 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as enterprise architecture, application architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis or operations) in a multitier environment
- Knowledge of batch and streaming data pipeline technologies like Apache Beam and Apache Spark
- Familiarity with middleware technology and languages (Rails, NodeJS)
- Experience with web client frameworks (e.g. React).
- History of working with data science and machine learning teams
Proficiency in Scala or SMACK/SKACK stack
Pareto Intelligence is a leading healthcare solutions company modernizing the way health plans and providers succeed in value-based care. These solutions are supported by proprietary algorithms, predictive models and advanced data science that have analyzed over $100 billion in claims/medical costs and touched over 14 million lives. Through this, Pareto demystifies complex healthcare data and delivers actionable strategies to achieve complete and accurate revenue, communicate critical patient information seamlessly, and inspire more informed business decisions. Pareto was launched in 2013 by HealthScape Advisors, a privately held management consulting firm based in Chicago. That means Pareto’s pedigree is deep expertise and a pragmatic approach to executing solutions.
Pareto Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.