We are currently looking to add a Solutions Architect.
As digital consumer engagement models and retail business opportunities evolve, McDonald’s is creating a digital Commerce platform and a related architecture foundation that will enable us to reach even more customers and support the McDonald's global digital business and technology growth. Our Digital Commerce Platform will revolutionize how McDonald’s interfaces with our customers and remove physical boundaries to allow our customers to connect and order at any time or place, globally. Given McDonald’s scale, this platform will compete in transaction volumes, performance, and reliability needs with industry leading Digital Commerce retailers such as Amazon and eBay. This platform will power a broader set of applications that will significantly modernize McDonald’s, and it is the foundational core responsible for ensuring a customer’s order reaches the restaurant.
We are looking for a technical architect to guide the integration of our digital channels, middleware platform and the backend eCommerce solution. As a core part of the responsibilities, this role will various product development teams to ensure that software is developed as a cohesive solution that allows easy integration. The role will have influence and oversight over the front-end channel and backend systems to ensure consistency of product and integration best practices. Furthermore, the role will have responsibilities to foster innovation and fast fail digital commerce research and concepts.
· 5+ years of professional experience developing or integrating backend systems / API’s and web/mobile applications developed by multiple parties leveraging RESTful API concepts, standards, and best practices.
· 2+ years of professional experience in application architecture design
· 2+ years of professional experience with cloud application architecture and deployment best practices (AWS Preferred)
· 2+ years of professional experience programming experience in frameworks / languages such as .Net, Java, etc.
· Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
· Knowledge of Point of Sale and Restaurant Technologies
· Knowledge of eCommerce integration with Point of Sale backend systems.
· Ability to understand complex integration needs and work with multiple teams to drive alignment, integrate, and certify the integration of front-end and back-end systems.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
· Familiar with Agile development practices
· Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
· Exposure to microkernel architecture and open source tools such as Node.JS and Cassandra.
McDonald's Corporation continues to grow and expand!
We are one of most recognized brands in the world. In 2018, we have been rated as a top 10 place to work in Chicago. As a modern, progressive “Tech” company, we are continually changing the Retail Food Service industry. Working in our IT sector of the corporation will provide you with challenging work, rewarding career opportunities, and one of the best comprehensive benefits packages in the industry.
· Partner with our front-end digital channel development teams (mobile, web, etc.) and back-end platform development teams (POS, eCommerce Platform, etc.) to review code, drive alignment on software development, patterns, code compliance, etc. with a focus on POS and Restaurant Technologies.
· Be a part of the software development lifecycle to ensure that code deliverables from the different teams work together successfully upon delivery.
· Perform technical testing and ensure that the front-end mobile/web apps are consuming APIs appropriately.
· Drive best practices in software development and virtual team collaboration.
· Improve documentation practices and partner with the Business Technical Analysts on the team to summarize detailed technical information into more contextual formats.
· Create and maintain documentation pertaining to product features, activity flows, integration flows, data contracts, etc.