Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
The professional services team sets the bar high. We are only successful if our customers are - we take pride in working together to achieve excellence.
As a Solution Engineer based out of our Chicago office, you will assist our Professional Services Engineering [PSE] in identifying the best fit to customer on-site needs, bridging the physical and digital world with a product-oriented approach. You will also collaborate with the product development teams to align roadmaps, provide meaningful feedback, and insight on required features. Lastly, you will work closely with the global PSE organization to provide feedback and technical support as needed.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electronics, Mechatronics, or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in industrial related projects
- Proven knowledge and experience with industrial technologies and protocols (Modbus, Profinet)
- Proven experience working with field elements (sensors, actuators, PLCs)
- Proven electronic skills (oscilloscope, multimeter, electronic testing, schematic reading)
- Experience with script programming (bash) and programming languages such as C/C++ and python
- Basic networking and Linux skills
- Experience with IoT hardware platforms (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone)
- Knowledge of MQTT and RESTFul concepts
- Fluency in Spanish
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world – Germany, Poland, US, UK, France, Italy.
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- Competitive salary and a learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, a focus on growth.
- Knowledge sharing from the best entrepreneurs in the industry.
- Easy integration into a highly professional and passionate team.
- Good office location in central Chicago area
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!