Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Individuals with the Active Directory Solutions Architect role lead the implementation of secure and highly available Active Directory and identity management. This is a highly technical position responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, security of the enterprise’s Windows Server / Active Directory-based environment. The environment is comprised of a multi-site, multi-forest Active Directory infrastructure, and supports Microsoft Office 365, Azure AD, Microsoft SharePoint collaboration services, Microsoft SQL Services, Single Sign-on services, File and Print Services, Microsoft-based configuration and software update management systems, systems performance management and infrastructure management tools. The Solutions Architect will serve as a technical expert and will lead and work with users and technical peer groups.
Solutions Architect lead the implementation of new technologies across design, install, configuration, maintenance, and testing. In-scope technologies include Active Directory-based environment and identity management. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as escalated through incident management, supporting application access and maintaining a secure systems environment. They drive infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, deliver new services, and maintain the infrastructure.
Solutions Architect need excellent communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with internal clients and other colleagues. Individuals work across functional areas of DFIN and use a strong customer service mindset to ensure that projects, service requests, and incidents are resolved in a professional manner. They share their expertise and provide individual training and support. Solutions Architect work with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to DFIN and our customers.
· Function as subject matter expert for Active Directory / Windows environment.
· Lead in the analysis and redesign of existing infrastructure systems and services.
· Lead in the analysis, design and implementation of future infrastructure systems and services including migration and consolidation.
· Perform capacity planning, upgrades and expansion of Active Directory environment.
· Lead the assessment of migrations, upgrades, and new technologies aligned with the IT Infrastructure Architecture roadmap.
· Act as technical liaison between operations teams and engineers providing critical insight to implementation and strategy, including validation of ongoing solution supportability.
· Ensure engineered systems meet business continuity and disaster recovery requirements.
· Support configuration management of IT Infrastructure services.
· Create and maintain detailed documentation including SOPs and System Design.
· Establish, maintain, and adhere to DFIN technical standards, policies, and procedures.
· Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in support of assigned projects.
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience in Windows / Active Directory environments with mid to large-sized companies (2000+ associates) and has demonstrated skills in:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science, information systems or similar.
· Experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory/ Active Directory integrated applications (includes single sign-on)
· Expert knowledge in administering Active Directory (AD) and GPOs
· Expert knowledge of AD, ADFS, Azure AD, Office 365, PKI in Windows Server (2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019)
· Expert knowledge of ADFS Services, DNS services, DHCP services, NTP services WINS, DFS, in a Windows landscape
· Knowledge of Microsoft Identity Manager, Microsoft Exchange, Quest Active Roles Server (ARS) are preferable.
· Must have deep and thorough understanding of monitoring best practices, preferably with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) understanding and experience.
· Maintenance and configuration of Identity Access Management platform, maintain and adopt new cloud solutions for SSO and MFA.
· Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies
· Azure AD, Auth0 or other identity management platform
· Auditing technologies and tools, and provide reports, as needed.
· Auditing and security policies and procedures
· High Availability / Disaster Recovery
· Migration tools including ADMT and Quest Migration Manager
· n-Tier infrastructure
· Advanced PowerShell Scripting for on prem and cloud environments
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel especially), Office 365.
· Passionate about customer service, user experience, and being an example for the greater team.
· Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Familiarity with the financial services industry is desirable but not required.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable aaccommodation by sending an email to [email protected]