We are looking for an exceptionally motivated Solutions Architect to lead the development and implementation of our direct-to-consumer website applications. This role will be part of a highly visible, strategic team focused on aligning strategic objectives with tactical demands.
This Solutions Architect will be managing the development, deployment, and maintenance of ecommerce websites, as well as overseeing onshore & offshore developer teams. The key responsibility is to ensure that the site is developed and expanded based on enterprise technical architecture guidelines, and evolving technology / business needs. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring a translation of business objectives into technical solutions and operational objectives, working closely with the business stakeholders and the technical development team comprised of external consultants and employees.
The role is located at GTI’s offices in Chicago, IL, and reports into the corporate head office in Chicago, IL. This is an unique opportunity to join a fast-paced organization to build and shape the future of Green Thumb Industries ecommerce marketplace.Required Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of microservice architecture, domain driven design and open source tools like, GitHub, Jenkins, Pub-Sub services
- Familiarity with DevOps culture and continuous integration tools
- Requires knowledge of common web development languages (HTML, Java, PHP, JSP,..) and SDK namely React JS / Native with responsive capabilities.
- Strong experience in B2C and B2B ecommerce processes specific to integrations with core business applications such as ERP, OMS, and PIM
- Good understanding of SEO and personalization, and other key industry terms and functions, such as A/B testing, cart abandonment rate, AOV, site search and navigation, back office integration, email marketing and analytics.
- Good knowledge of industry standard and open source solutions for CMS, CDN, front end event tracking tools (like Sentry)
- Good knowledge of cloud hosting with AWS and scalability
- Create and implement processes and procedures for integration of ecommerce site with backend systems, including pricing, inventory, fulfillment, analytics, and regulatory functions
- Ensure project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Work with ecommerce business team members to understand business environment.
- Assist technology team members in scoping out project based on business team timelines and effort necessary to complete requirements.
- Work with other business analysts, project managers and stakeholders to gather requirements and create functional and technical specifications.
- Effectively participate in all stages of the ecommerce website software development lifecycle including:
- conducting meetings and presentations
- performing requirements gathering, gap analysis and functional design
- creating reports to document and communicate results
- ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- performing user acceptance training
- conducting training
- assist in rollout of solution to all operational sites
- Demonstrate strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
The tasks and activities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Obtaining an in-depth understanding of the GTI ecommerce business environment and technology eco system across website, and integrations to external systems.
- Defining / enhancing the technology architecture and business functions of the current solution based on evolving business needs and technical capabilities needed to address the situation at hand.
- Managing the design, development, testing, and deployment activities of the solution that will happen in an iterative but continuous fashion.
- BA/BS Degree with specialization in computer sciences or equivalent technology
- 5 years of progressive experience in ecommerce solutions & technical architecture development and maintenance for CPG / Retail industry
- Experience with development of headless ecommerce website integrating with industry standard content management system (CMS)
- Exposure and experience with some of the industry common platforms such as Magento, SFCC, Hybris, WordPress, Adobe, Magnolia is required
- General understanding of CPG retail, wholesale, and supply chain functions
- Experience across Omnichannel Retail, and Order Mgt fulfillment processes with payment & Loyalty systems
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion to thrive & adopt in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate meetings
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience creating detailed reports and making presentations
- Project and product management skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to manage and work with development teams based in multiple time zones
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications and collaboration tools like Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry