Solutions Architect at Mastery Logistics Systems
About the Role
The transportation industry has no shortage of complex problems requiring creating solutions to scale efficiently. The Solutions Architect is responsible for understanding and analyzing the customer and Mastery’s core product needs to design and deliver cohesive solutions that meet those needs. They assess the customer’s business process and current software systems in place to gather and translate business requirements to key stakeholders and work with them to manage against the project(s) timelines. The solutions Architect must propose solutions, devise strategies, collaborate with stakeholders, and drive change.
- Work collaboratively with customers and internal stakeholders through all phases of the customer relationship; engagement, onboarding, build & development, implementation, support, and success
- Define strategy, scope and objectives based on user needs, downstream effects, and industry requirements
- Lead strategic integration opportunities to support the Mastermind technology and client requirements.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the MM architecture
- Define and document the client’s technology requirements and “to be” processes
- Help consider multiple solutions and provide technical direction with a strategic vision
- Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to prioritize requirements
- Follow and implement change management practices for a process and/or technology solutions
- Drive the resolution of issues through problem solving, identification of necessary resources, and escalation
- Anticipate business needs before they arise and present solutions
- Manage customer success through relationship building, product expertise, and problem solving
- Practical experience in integrations (API/EDI)
- 5+ years of industry experience with customer facing roles preferred
- Experience successfully delivering a product to end users
- Highly motivated with the ability to learn all facets of our customer and Mastery software functionality
- Strong detail orientation, organization and time management abilities
- Understanding of SaaS models and the technology layers required to support web applications
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills
Mastery Logistics Systems is building the world’s first lovable Transportation Management System, or TMS.
Our customers – large transportation companies and shippers who need those companies – have struggled with systems that are outdated or inadequate. As shippers or transportation service providers, our customers have in the past been forced to use multiple systems to manage dedicated fleet operations, outsourced or insourced trans management, one way trucking, truckload brokerage, LTL, and Intermodal, or to sub-optimize one or more of those functions by attempting to fit it into a TMS that is adequate at another function.
Mastermind TMS allows our customers to bring all of these functions into a single platform, providing flexibility, visibility, control, and efficiency. Today’s unprecedented global supply chain upheavals underscore how important the transportation industry is. We are building a system to allow this industry to work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
The challenges in this industry are big and exciting! We are tackling everything from fast and efficient data input to ingesting large amounts of data and applying AI to looking at blockchain to securely digitize paperwork. If you are passionate about humanizing an industry, automating in innovative ways, building for quality and scale, helping make people's lives easier and touching every part of our economy then this is the place for you.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to continuing to build an incredible company. We are a masterful mosaic of incredible people. We are specialists and experienced in our respective fields. We are dedicated to continuous improvement both professionally and personally. We are a collective group of really good people. We have different interests, backgrounds & talents and we work together to create really cool stuff! We believe in diversity of thought and are mindful and inclusive. We have deep respect for each other and work diligently at adding the right people to our teams.
At this moment we are all working from home and doing our part to combat the Covid 19 virus. We are creatively building our new work habits. We are respectful of each other’s time and personal life. We have flexible schedules but share in the mission that we are building and need to get it done. We offer an excellent suite of benefits. We are dedicated to finding new ways to add perks as we live and work from home.
Our team has the domain knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced and thoughtful people to who thrive on creating and building great products. We want people who have a true passion for servicing and taking care of our customers. We need people who are flexible problem solvers, thrive on collaboration and consistently know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble – which is evident in how quickly we could pivot to our new reality. Each member of the team can make a tremendous impact both technically and culturally. While a start-up, we are well-funded, have an initial paying customer with which to test and launch, and are founded by top experts and veterans in the logistics industry.
Join us – you’ll love it – let’s build a masterpiece!
Mastery takes great pride in providing our employees a robust and highly competitive benefit package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance covering 90% of premium costs. Company paid life insurance for 1x salary. Legal, AD&D, Additional Life and other employee assistance benefits. We have a 401k savings plan with a 4% match. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development. We fully support our work from home initiative as we do our part to combat the Covid 19 crisis. We have a manage your life and schedule Paid Time Off program. We are fully devoted to finding creative perks and benefits since we cannot currently enjoy our cool office culture. Our philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse community of professionals. Veterans, Women, non-binary, people of color, LGBTQIA, we welcome all to apply!