FourKites has a brand new role on our Engineering team! We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our team and be a liaison between our Fortune 500 customers and our internal development teams in order to provide the best technical solutions possible. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is highly motivated and innovative, comes from a technical background, and enjoys improving processes and establishing best practices.
The Solutions Architect is a key member of the FourKites implementation project team and is responsible for the overall design of the application, including mapping client business requirements into technical requirements to continue to improve and enhance our suite of SaaS products. This individual will work as a member of the Engineering team, working cross-functionally across departments to deliver the complete solution for the customer, and will report directly to the CTO.
- Spearhead the Discovery process to understand and connect customers’ existing business processes and technology to craft the “to be” FourKites solution
- Design and implement technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Work closely with business partners to understand business requirements
- Work closely with various technology teams (Development, Infrastructure, PMO, etc.) to define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions using the FourKites technologies
- Guide development team to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices and code quality techniques
- Maintain thorough subject matter expertise of the functionality and solution architecture
- Responsible for the detailed design of technical solutions, Proof-of-Concepts (POC), prototyping and documentation of technical design throughout the SDLC process
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with key technology team members
- Create prototypes in support of solution architecture activities
- Stay current on FourKites releases, new features and product roadmaps
- Stay current on emerging technologies in the areas of SDLC tools, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and automation technologies
- Partner with other architects, vendors, partners, business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps.
- Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Create and enable best practices, governance measures, and patterns for custom and configured solutions on the FourKites platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years overall experience in technical field
- Experience with a suite SaaS products in a post-sales capacity
- Experience with with Ruby, Java, or Python is a must
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with custom SDLC processes such as code versioning, packaging, test driven development (TDD), continuous integration, test automation, code analysis and code quality metrics.
- Experience with Agile development methods and practices
- Ability to foster new ideas and concepts
- Ability to mentor and coach other developers.
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.