We're looking for an organized and highly motivated Solutions Architect with 8 years of experience to join our team. Our software team manages system design, data modeling, as well as technical architecture and software development.
The Solutions Architect is a key member of the FourKites implementation project team and is responsible for the overall design of the application and mapping client business requirements to systems/technical requirements for our Enterprise customers around the globe. The Solutions Architect works as a team member along with the Engineering Manager, Technical Architect and supporting team members to deliver the complete solution for the customer. Directly reporting to the CTO.
- Spearhead the Discovery process to understand and connect customers’ existing business processes and technology to craft the “to be” FourKites solution
- Design and implement technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Work closely with business partners to understand business requirements
- Work closely with various technology teams (Development, Infrastructure, PMO, etc.) to define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions using the FourKites technologies
- Guide development team to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices and code quality techniques
- Establish and improve development standards and development processes
- Maintain thorough subject matter expertise of the functionality and solution architecture
- Responsible for the detailed design of technical solutions, Proof-of-Concepts (POC), prototyping and documentation of technical design throughout the SDLC process
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with key technology team members
- Create prototypes in support of solution architecture activities
- Produce quality code for assigned development tasks
- Stay current on FourKites releases, new features and product roadmaps
- Stay current on FourKites integration tools and best practices
- Stay current on emerging technologies in the areas of SDLC tools, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and automation technologies
- Partner with other architects, vendors, partners, business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps.
- Provide after hours on-call support.
- Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Create and enable best practices, governance measures, and patterns for custom and configured solutions on the FourKites platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent or appropriate business experience that shows equivalent talent
- 8+ years of combined IT experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 2+ years of object-oriented programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- 2+ years of experience with custom SDLC processes such as code versioning, packaging, test driven development (TDD), continuous integration, test automation, code analysis and code quality metrics.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile development methods and practices
- Ability to foster new ideas and concepts
- Ability to mentor and coach other developers.
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.