At Returnly we help merchants turn product returns into new revenue streams. We’re are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behavior and customer loyalty. Backed by smart money VCs in Fintech, we are one of the most well-funded startups in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to de-risk online commerce and we’re building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.
About the role
At Returnly, we value you as a whole person. We care about the skillset you bring to the table, but more importantly, we care about the kind of person you are, and the culture and attitude you bring to the table. As a Solutions Architect, you will design integration paths that will serve millions of shoppers around the world with a more delightful post-purchase experience. You will find success in this role if you are a technical leader who has tackled a variety of integration and middleware-specific problems.
What you'll be doing
- As Returnly’s first Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for leading post-sales integration work for the onboarding team
- Partner closely with Onboarding Project Managers to provide technical leadership & guidance to Returnly’s most sophisticated customers
- Work directly with customers to take their specific business requirements and design integration paths that support their use case
- Design customer-facing documentation and technical project plans to drive urgency into onboarding engagements
- Be an ambassador for your customers: Write feature request and bug tickets that support their long-term success on Returnly’s platform
- Provide technical and skills development guidance/mentorship to your teammates; level up those around you
- Work cross-functionally with Returnly’s Product, Engineering, & Go-To-Market teams to align the company on integration strategy
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to lead and facilitate technical meetings, workshops, & presentations in front of a range of audiences (from executives to development teams)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to match technical complexity with the appropriate audience
- Must have exposure to the ecommerce technology landscape (OMS, 3PL, ERP, WMS, etc.)
- A proven track record of delivering enterprise-level integration projects on budget and on time.
- Deep knowledge of various application integration approaches such as ETL and ESB
- Familiarity with waterfall and Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc) methodologies and the implications of development cycles on project delivery dates
- Excellent knowledge of web technologies and SOAP/REST best-practices
- Experience with at least one ecommerce platform such as Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento, etc.
- Prior startup experience a big plus
We are diverse, independent thinkers and still one team with one mission
Openness and empathy
We learn and grow by listening to our customers and each other
We always do what’s right for our customers, Returnly and ourselves - in that order.
EQ is as important as IQ. We make time to help each other out.
We are curious and fearless. We own risk, outcomes and everything in between.
We really love hearing from you, but before applying please check the following...
Read the values section above carefully and ask yourself if this is a good match for you personally. We want you to be an ambassador of these values!
Do you have all the skills required for this role? Can you demonstrate them? Be realistic - we will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match these role requirements.
Read Full Job Description