What we are looking for:
This is a hands-on technologist role and you will wear many hats. You will be leading the discussion of architecting solutions for large organizations and explaining our products and platform to implementation teams. Experience seeing the entire project lifecycle, from conception to design to technology evaluation, through to closing the deal and implementation.
- Use case discovery. Work with customers and prospects to deeply understand the proposed use case and propose solutions using CityBase’s products and platforms.
- User story writing. Understanding the problem during discovery and translating the problems into user stories for the development team.
- Creative problem solving. Continually raise the bar and drive to deliver high quality and pragmatic products, services and processes.
- Demo expert. Deliver in-depth technical product demos to customers and prospects at all levels within an organization.
- Technical subject matter expert. Support the sales and implementation cycle through the elimination of technical objections and build rapport with business and engineering teams at prospective customers and current clients.
- Prove customer value. Where necessary deliver proofs of concept and pilots to demonstrate the value of the CityBase platform.
- GSD. Passionate for getting results, meeting deadlines with the right quality.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a technology company and demonstrable success working in a customer-facing role
- Comfortable working with customers and public speaking (there will be some customer / conference travel for this role)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of working with remote teams.
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs, XML and JSON a plus
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Knowledge of ETL and ETL workflows a plus
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) (currently no match)
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Flexible Spending Account, Pre-tax Commuter Program, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- A multitude of snacks and beverages
At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.