project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
As a Sales Engineer, you will consult directly with our clients, learning their business, their industry, technical requirements and competitive landscape. You will leverage your technical expertise to sell project44 solutions that enhance productivity, automation, unlock existing assets and create new levels of supply chain visibility. You will collaborate with our sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of integration with project44's SaaS solution. You will deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, Proofs of Concept and other technical accelerators. You will become the trusted technical advisor for your customers, designing solutions, answering technical questions, and facilitating project44 solution deployment for new customers.
- Articulate benefits of complex technical solutions and products via industry and business terms to prospects and customers
- Relate the technical needs of the customer back to the business facilitating an understanding of the value of the project44 solution back to the customers business (ROI)
- Document and promote complete solutions via demo creation, white boarding, proof of concepts and presentations
- Partner with sales peers to drive new sales and expand existing business
- Demonstrate understanding of the Transportation & Logistics market, including trends, industry business processes and industry use cases
- Maintain and apply knowledge of enterprise solution designs and products, application integration methods and tool as well as integrating SaaS solutions with on-prem solutions
- Maintain and apply knowledge of technical pre-sales, implementation of application integration & API Management solution and technologies
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- 5 years combined experience with one or more Integration and related technologies: APIs, REST architecture, API Management, as well as related technologies, such as MuleSoft, Apigee, Layer 7, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience with field sales
- Experience integrating Saas solutions and custom cloud-native applications
- Understanding of tooling required to implement software solutions across varying topologies such as: IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
- Enterprise Architecture Experience