Sr. Application Security Architect at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Sr. Security Architect with experience leading technical projects involved in application security for our Cybersecurity Practice. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment. Successful candidates should be driven to provide high quality delivery in a number of industries, be client-facing, and be a capable team leader of this technical solution.
Sr. Application Security Architect’s at West Monroe have three primary responsibilities:
What will you be doing?
- Assessing current state client business processes, gathering and defining business and technology requirements, and re-engineering new business processes, capabilities, and supporting technologies for clients
- Evaluating, recommending, architecting, and implementing highly scalable business processes, technology, and strategies for security
- Partner directly with clients and West Monroe Partners’ project teams to implement processes and technology that support various technical and business functions
- Work with a small project team as a hands-on leader
- Work with software developers to identify architectural security weakness and provide guidance on secure coding and industry best practices
- Identify, select, and implement security solutions for protecting sensitive data
- Provide expertise on authentication, entitlements, identity management (Single Sign On), data leak prevention, data protection, encryption, etc. to developers and IT organizations.
- The Architect also develops methodology and best practices with the national Security and Infrastructure (S&I) practice team, and actively leads and participates in S&I business development opportunities.
- You’ll be asked to mentor and grow your teams of junior consultants with the end goal of continued development of our team. Identify strengths and opportunities for improvement to develop better behavior to create strong consultants
- Manage client relationships and meet with clients to determine business and functional requirements
- Translate business and technical requirements into concrete projects proposals including detailed work plans and cost estimates
- Contribute to business development process at an existing client, as well as emerging technology
- Promote thought leadership in emerging technologies; from partnerships to go-to-market offerings, to strategy, to design and implementation
- Be in the market publishing and speaking about the evolving cloud/IaaS industry standards
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
Here’s what you need to bring to the table:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in Security, with demonstrable experience in application security
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience within IT
- 2+ years of hands-on software development experience, or experience with development languages/frameworks
- Capacity to communicate with Development team and create detailed specifications for technical requirements to drive business needs
- Domain expertise in designing applications/architectures for enterprise grade applications to secure sensitive data and prevent data leakage.
- Prior management consulting experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another related degree strongly preferred
- Strong project management experience and skills, and ability to drive projects through to completion
- Ability to travel up to 80% in a client-facing capacity.
- Must be able to legally work in the US without limitation