Sr Assoc, Software Engineering
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Seeking strong JAVA/J2EE lead to support the DLOS application. This position will be working as a lead on DPL Acquisition projects. The role will work closely with the Business analyst and business partners, BT Project Manager, BT Teams through all life cycle phases. This role will be responsible for analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical specifications for Discover Personal Loan Applications, in accordance with company architecture standards. Work with the application Business Analysts and Enterprise Project Managers to understand the project requirements, Give input to what can or cannot be accommodated from the project requirements giving suggestions on the best way to achieve the project objectives, Write a Detailed Technical Design(DTD) according to High Level Design (HLD) specifications.
Make code modifications for the assigned projects according to business specifications and application standards. Provide alternative solutions when requirements cannot be met. Perform unit and System Testing for all coding changes. Support both Integration and UAT testing in the Production Assurance (PA) regions, including researching and fixing defects. Adhere to established project time frames. Supervise and control the work of others. Exercise direction over the day-to-day operations of the project activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related technical field
- 5-10 years experience
- Strong skill in Application and Web development
- Working knowledge and experience with systems integration as well as object-oriented design patterns and development
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.