Sr Associate, Quality Architect
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Sr Associate, Quality Architect
Seeking a Quality Engineer (Quality Architect) within Business Technology and the (ESQM) Enterprise Software Quality Management Department. As a member of Enterprise Software Quality Management team, QA Architect is responsible for releasing quality products efficiently and effectively to both internal and external customers.
- Be part of a team of Agile QA/QC team members and assist building DevOps pipeline
- Bring a development mindset and understanding of automation best practices, in collaboration with Development to design, develop, and expand automation test frameworks, automated tests, and integration tests, build smoke tests, test tools, and ensure full end-to-end automation from product initiation to production release
- Incrementally improve the automation tools, automated tests, and processes, while facilitating time to market for product releases short term and longer term
- Be part of a team of QA team members who are generally responsible for the following;
- Build and test programming changes for each phase of systems development prior to implementation.
- Writes test cases and expected results. Reviews results for conformance to requirements. May plan simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May make recommendations for acceptance/rejection if requirements are not all met
- Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
- Acts as the in-house guide on applications, systems and/or processes to internal clients in identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems
- Provides ongoing assistance for end users, development team, and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process
- Analyze processing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 6+ years work experience as Development/Software Development Engineer in test/Automation Engineer
- Experienced working in Agile/Iterative development methodology. SAFE experience is preferred
- Strong programming skills, primarily in Java. Experience in multiple programming language is preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with Development and Application Architects to ensure testability of applications during design phase
- Experience in using the automation tools for API and UI Testing
- Experienced in agile development, DevOps methodology, and CI/CD process
- Experienced with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
- Exposure to applications developed on AWS, PCF or similar platforms
- Exposure to emerging technologies Micro Services, Cloud Native development
- Major in Computer engineering or equivalent, preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.