Are you ready to transform an industry? At Centro we are building a comprehensive tech platform that radically increases efficiencies and impact across businesses, teams, and campaigns. Our clients can run all their digital business through Basis, with robust business intelligence, workflow automation, search and social integrations, and the number one rated DSP.
We’re taking the digital advertising world by storm and are proud to be headquartered in the rapidly growing tech hub of Chicago, with offices that span across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Join us in our mission to improve the lives of everyone working in the industry!
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Centro, we believe that lasting success is achieved through continual dedication to the growth and well-being of the individual. Our people are the core of what makes Centro unique. Driven by the Centro Manifesto and our guiding principles, we look to hire the best and brightest minds—curious, passionate learners who are driven to create impact.
We are committed to building a culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. When we work hard, stay focused, and act in service to others, we believe that anything is possible. Come grow with us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Centro’s innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses AI and machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Mentoring other Engineers on QA methodologies, test automation, coding standards and best practices through code reviews and designing test plans
- Being the voice of quality in highly collaborative agile product teams
- Acting as a test lead in various work streams working closely with Product Managers and Developers and other cross functional teams
- Managing the integration of the automated test suites with our build process (Jenkins)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years of experience in a QA Automation role, or similar
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Proven coding skills, preferably with Java and OOP
- Solid communication skills and the ability to mentor and advocate for best testing standards.
- Experience with one or more dynamic languages such as Node.js, Ruby and Python.
- Able to discuss and understand web-apps architecture design and reviewing for testability constraints.
- Experience with TDD & BDD
- Experience with UI automation, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Cypress, Unit Test frameworks
- Experience in API testing, data structures, and SQL
- Experience with build/project management tools (Jenkins)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- Experience with backend testing of a microservices platform.
- Experience with Kubernetes and configuration of testing environments.
- Ad-Tech experience
OUR TEAM’S TECH STACK
- Kubernetes, Docker.
- PostgreSQL, NoSQL
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people. Our team has put together a thoughtful benefits package and provides a wide range of perks, including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, a tax-free health savings account, tuition reimbursement, generous maternity/paternity leave, and more.
Centro is committed to maintaining a culture where we trust our employees to do their best work. We believe results matter more than where they are produced. Currently, we offer our employees choice and flexibility on whether they’d like to work: in one of our office locations (once they open back up post-pandemic!), completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. These arrangements vary based on your situation as well as the needs of the team and role.
We’re always finding new ways to invest in the personal and professional growth our employees. We’re proud to support a variety of employee-led communities that enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment. Centro is more than a workplace.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.