Sr. Cloud Engineer at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
In this role, we are looking for a hands-on engineer who will be responsible for helping to design, provision, automate and maintain large state of the art Cloud Infrastructure for Advanced Analytics Platform. Requirement is for a strong full stack cloud engineer to help build out and run our production environments. This engineer will have strong cloud platform experience (preferably with Amazon Web Services) and will be responsible for automating operations, maintaining and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting, as well as communicating and collaborating with, and advising our development teams.
- Assist in maintaining high performance levels, maximum uptime and overall integrity of internal and production systems Work collaboratively with Development to deploy and operate our systems.
- Architect and administer Advanced Analytics infrastructure in AWS.
- Automate infrastructure via infrastructure-as-code and configuration management.
- Collaborate alongside engineers and the product teams on business and operational matters
- Maintain the performance, monitoring, and scale management in the cloud environment
- Participate in and contribute to risk management, business continuity management, policy review and compliance audits
- Support software development processes via continuous integration and delivery.
- Design and Support Access patterns, IAM policies and overall system security.
- Look for ways to improve and streamline processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 6+ years of experience working in Enterprise Systems Engineering role.
- 3+ years working with Cloud Technologies
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, working in AWS.
- Experience with AWS IAM Roles & Policies, API Gateway, Route 53, EC2, S3, Lambda and RDS.
- Experience with web application servers (NGiNX, Apache, Squid)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting technologies (Cloudwatch, Grafana, Kibana)
- Strong understanding of the entire AWS Product and Service suite (EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, EMR, SQS, SNS etc.) of products and their applicable use cases, best practices and implementation, and support considerations.
- Experience with resource, security, and cost management strategies in AWS.
- Exceptional skills in Linux system administration.
- Experience implementing multi-account governance in AWS.
- Experience in Python Programming.
- Experience managing code on Github
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working with an Agile Development software team.
- Experience with Terraform, Vagrant and Consul
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code methodologies and proficient use of orchestration and configuration management tools such as Ansible.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!