Sr C#/.Net Developer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Command and Control team develops software for public safety organizations to manage public safety responders workflow and operational intelligence management. We build products to serve large cities that need sophisticated, customized workflows to smaller municipalities that need cost effective, end to end solutions. All of our systems are built scalable and highly reliable. We provide both cloud and on-premises solutions.
These efforts are all in support of our hybrid cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for public safety customers. This team is part of the Software Enterprise division, which offers secure, reliable and efficient team communications, and records and evidence solutions for critical public safety and enterprise markets throughout the world. Our services use cloud computing infrastructure on AWS and Azure to build at scale.
We are looking for developers who love challenges and have experience building complex web applications at scale. Work as a contributing member of an advanced software development team using modern software development techniques to produce world-class public safety software both for cloud based and on-premise solutions:
- Design, develop, and maintain software application following established standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Develop code and create unit and other automated testing solutions.
- Able to participate in group discussions by expressing thoughts and ideas clearly.
- Self driven, high energy, highly innovative person with a positive attitude.
- Effectively collaborate with technical leaders in a multi-team environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
The ideal candidate will have at least some of the following skills and experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- Strong background in server-side web development, preferably in .NET
- Experience with software technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Git
- Knowledge of client- and server-side web app performance scaling techniques; Be prepared to discuss application optimization experience on previous projects
- Experience defining and building Web (REST) APIs for internal and external usage
- Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL data stores, including the ability to choose the right one for the job
- Production application experience with public web applications; Ideally, you should have some knowledge of (and/or experience with) public cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Interested in working in a continuous deployment environment
BS Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field.
3+ years of Software Development experience
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.