Sr. Consultant, Software M&A Advisory at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Transaction Services–Software Engineering Practice and support technology M&A due diligence projects. The senior consultant will collaborate with software due diligence architects to deliver solutions across a variety of industries including Private Equity, High-Tech & Software, Healthcare, and Financial Services. As a technology agnostic firm, consultants have the chance to continuously expand their skillset while working with cutting edge tools, platforms, and frameworks. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our newly formalized (but long existing) technology M&A offering and support strategic enterprise architecture projects, software/product due diligences, post-merger integrations, and carve-out advisory engagements.
- Collaborate with Transaction Services consultants from other competencies (I.e. Cloud, Cybersecurity) in support of holistic, tech due diligence assessments for client M&A activity, and identify remediation opportunities through analysis of existing technology systems, software applications, and business processes
- Assess the underlying technical environment within an organization, and make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, and/or better support best practices
- Evaluate IT and technical development processes for best practices and levels of maturity
- Identify key process issues and risks in the context of an investment thesis while evaluating potential acquisitions for our Private Equity clients
- Formulate projects and strategies to support the client’s investment thesis, key risk mitigation, and long-term technology-based initiatives in the form of betterment and post-close engagements
- Demonstrate expertise in designing technology solutions through systems integration and application development
- Develop presentations to communicate due diligence findings and potential recommendations to client leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 3-6+ years of hands-on software development experience, preferably within greenfield projects
- Knowledge of and experience with complex business systems integration, custom object-oriented design/development (C#, Java, Python, etc.), and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience applying Agile/Lean methodologies to manage project tasks
- Confident in leading requirements gathering sessions with executive stakeholders at external clients
- Demonstrated experience leading technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting)
- Strong sense of urgency with ability to deliver solutions in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Excellent critical thinking, leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Experience working within a collaborative, cross-functional, team-based environment
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements – COVID-19 permitting
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.