Sr. Cybersecurity Consultant (DFIR) at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Digital Forensics Consultant to join our Tech - Cybersecurity practice and help resolve complex client data breaches during and after Incident Response & Recovery (IR&R) engagements. As part of this work, we assist clients that are experiencing a ransomware event or similar security incident and are often going through some level of business outage. Our IR&R teams investigate these types of attacks, uncover critical information, and utilize their findings to engineer a real-time fix. Our senior consultants are typically tasked with leading workstreams, forensic imaging & analysis, ransomware remediation, threat hunting, and creating investigative summaries.
- Collaborate with incident response and infrastructure recovery consultants to plan, coordinate, and execute remediation during client security incidents (I.e. ransomware event)
- Apply forensic methodology and analysis to a variety of file systems to retrieve data (I.e. FAT, NTFS, HFS, ext2, ext3)
- Identify, contain, eradicate, and recover client information assets from risks caused by the breach
- Drive digital forensic investigations through the entire lifecycle, including case planning, intake, acquisition, examination, presentation, and disposition
- Conduct investigations of impacted hardware devices, software, and mobile applications to create investigative summaries and generate extraction reports for client executive presentations
- Spearhead reactive and proactive threat hunting engagements and perform endpoint, network, and log analysis
- Review and recommend technical, processes, and physical controls to mitigate damage from breach presence
- Translate business and technical requirements into concrete projects proposals, including detailed work plans and cost estimates, to assist in sales efforts and develop client relationships
- Promote thought leadership in emerging DFIR technologies by leveraging go-to-market offerings, speaking at events, representing us at tech conferences, writing blog posts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 3-7+ years of experience that has focused on IT, cybersecurity, digital forensics, and/or incident response
- Experience with digital forensic investigation and other cybersecurity tools, such as Carbon Black, EnCase Endpoint Investigator, F-Response, FTK, Exabeam, etc.
- Well-versed in incident response engagements, preferably at the enterprise level: technical recovery, IT forensic investigation, threat hunting, legal or compliance notifications, IR plan development, tabletop testing, etc.
- Understanding of application, database, authentication, and network security principles
- Strong organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements – COVID-19 permitting
- Bonus: industry certifications such as CISSP, CFCE, GCFA/GIAC, EnCE, CEH, OSCP
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.