Sr. Data Engineer
At Otus, a fast-growing EdTech company based at 1K Fulton in the West Loop of Chicago, you will work with people passionate about improving the lives of teachers and students. We are a group of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders. We love our work and strive to do our best each day.
On our team, you will find musicians, beer enthusiasts, designer toy collectors, table tennis fanatics, and more.
- Otus is a building a next generation Platform for EdTech in order to support our transformative vision for K-12 education across the US.
- Model and architect our data in a way that will scale with the increasingly complex ways we’re analyzing it.
- Build robust pipelines that make sure data is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there.
- Build frameworks and tools to help others design and build their own data pipelines in a self-service manner.
- Performance testing and engineering to ensure that our systems always scale to meet our needs.
- Key member of the team focused on pure hands-on contribution to the implementation and operation of our data platform.
- Breadth - Substantial experience as a high-performance Engineer across multiple environments on high-performance data systems that process data across various sources at a near real-time pace
- At least 1 project where you personally designed, implemented, and operated large scale, high throughput data pipelines with a focus on high data quality
- At least 1 other project where you built a secure, reliable, scalable system on AWS that saw significant traffic
- Depth - You can go up and down the stack from deep in the infrastructure up to the data, application, and client layers
- Speed - Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction
- Ownership and accountability - You own the things that you build
- Drive - When you see a need, you fill a need. You can step in where you see a need and push us all forward
- Modern Infra - Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Airflow, and Kafka
- Modern CI/CD - Hands-on experience with Codefresh, Spinnaker, Jenkins or similar
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one), an interest day (to do something you love) and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave, and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the excellent food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.