Dynamics of the Role:As a member of Data Acquisition Application Development team, the developer will participate in the design and development of complex applications that manage and maintain data. The role is also responsible for helping to define, implement and enforce standards and best practices. Developer knowledge in Java, Web Technologies and Big Data Technologies will be leveraged in development of new capabilities and enhancements to the existing features in the applications. The data cleansing and maintenance applications are mission critical and require a high degree of quality in our development process.
The Team’s Focus:
Data Acquisition Application Development team supports TransUnion’s global business and consumer systems by improving the efficiency of business operations, applications and operating systems. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
How you’ll contribute:
· Analysis/Design: Partner with internal business resources and technical teams to analyze requirements to deliver solutions to complex issues. Produce detailed analysis and design documents to meet the requirements.
- Programming: Development of - code, unit test, debug, maintain, and modify software programs utilizing the standard tools set forth by TransUnion. Participate in code walkthroughs. Maintenance of code to ensure consistency, quality, best practices and performance of applications.
- Testing: Creation and execution of unit and integration tests. Participate and support the Quality Assurance testing efforts.
Communication: Provide project status to peers and management, articulate issues, develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
Collaborate with cross-functional technology teams.
Ensure framework is implemented consistently across global implementation.
Accountability for quality of code and application development.
What skills seeking:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related discipline preferred.
- At least 6 years of software development OR comparable technical work experience.
- Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation. Comfortable interacting with senior management across different teams.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems.
- Competent skills in Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting.
- Experience with designing & developing applications using Java/Java EE platforms & Spring Framework.
- Familiarity with markup languages like XML & JSON and Relational Databases/SQL.
- Experience with big-data technologies like Ab Initio, Apache Hadoop, MapR
· Experience navigating and building on the MapR platform
· Proficiency with MapReduce, HDFS
· Experience with building stream-processing systems
· Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka
· Experience with large data sets utilizing Hadoop, Spark, and Drill
· Cluster Coordination services through Zookeeper
Familiarity with NOSQL databases a plus
CI/CD, Jenkins, automation experience a plus.
What we offer:
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who we are:
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.