SR. DEVOPS ENGINEER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Join the Application Integration team of Cat Digital and build software solutions that integration common services across our application portfolio and other enterprise systems used by Caterpillar customers and dealers. The integration of applications with various Digital Platform capabilities that are built on the latest technologies by adopting industry’s best architecture patterns, security best practices etc. are critical for application’s success and its adoption.
JOB DUTIES: As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will contribute to design, development, testing and deployment of software systems and/or applications.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 7 years or more of software development experience or at least 5 year of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in automating & implementing identity & security policies for cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience in Tools Administration supporting large Organizations.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment that delivers results and has fun.
Top candidates will also have:
- AWS Cloud Practitioner and DevOps certification
- Additional AWS Certifications related to Architecture or Security.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, SQL, Terraform
- Experience managing continuous integrations systems (Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions, etc.).
- Strong background working with revision control systems (Git, etc.).
- Experience with IDE Tools (VSCode, Eclipse, Intellij, etc.).
- Experience performing root cause analysis on CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with Data Development Tools (Erwin, Erwin DIS, Alteryx, etc.).
- Experience working with Developer Productivity Tools (Waydev, GitPrime, Flow. etc.).
- Experience with integrating enterprise access management (AzureAD, Ping, AD/LDAP).
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and installing software in the cloud.
- Great verbal and written communication skills to collaborate cross functionally and enhance scalability.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross functional team.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.