Sr DevOps Engineer, Zoro Tools
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products, to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The Zoro DevSecOps team facilitates frequent releases of custom software by building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines across multiple products and projects. This team has a significant input and ownership around technology decisions, day-to-day operations and overall success of our business.
The Senior DevOps Engineer works with the Engineering, QA and Infrastructure teams to apply Lean practices and DevOps tools to automate the delivery of applications and services in order to scale the company. This role will be a subject matter expert in - and an advocate for - the automation of all facets of software creation within the Zoro IT organization, working with DevSecOps leadership to help communicate and implement our DevOps vision and strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and design CI/CD workflows in an enterprise scale environment
- Build and maintain one-touch-deploy systems for in-house applications
- Create build automation jobs using Jenkins and other automation tools
- Create Infrastructure as Code designs
- Contribute to the direction of our technical environment and development practices
- Incorporate security tools and scans into build chain in a PCI/SOX compliant environment
- Implement and improve application performance monitoring systems
- Implement and improve uptime & reliability alerting systems
- Mentor more junior team members
- 4+ years of experience with Build Automation Tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, AWS CodeBuild, AWS Code Deploy)
- 4+ years working with scripting languages (Python, Perl, PowerShell, Bash)
- 4+ year working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working with Enterprise scale CI/CD
- Experience utilizing common source control systems (Git, SVN) and project structure/organization
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, or Puppet)
- Experience with containers and container management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with project and ticket tracking tools such as Jira
- An Agile mindset with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a small team of high energy, low ego people
- Desire to learn AWS and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Best Practices
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to both work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.