Sr. DevOps Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Unified Communications team has a mission to become the leader in creating a highly scalable, mission critical software platform and real time communication applications for first responders and industrial workgroups. Our customers rely on these solutions to run their critical business operations in the public safety, manufacturing, and infrastructure sectors. Every single day, we are shaping the future of mobile workgroup solutions for public safety and industrial users worldwide leveraging Motorola’s rich heritage in this space. Our solutions include broadband Push to Talk (PTT), multimedia messaging, location based collaboration, live video streaming with full interoperability with land mobile radio (LMR) systems. The products include client apps on Android, iOS, and Windows and backend server softwares on RHEL and Windows . Our backend software can be deployed On-Prem, in private data centers, or in a public cloud infrastructure.
- Design, develop pipeline / integration for build and deploy configuration and processes.
- Test system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Build and maintain CI/CD tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and operations platform
- Build intelligence from the Azure cloud to edge devices using Azure IoT Edge framework.
- Integrate with Azure IoT Hub platform to connect, monitor, and control edge devices.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and Bitbucket.
5+ years of strong experience in developing and maintaining customized Open Source and CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, GitLab, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, .
Expertise in programming/scripting languages such as Python, Go, Node.js, Bash, Shell etc.
Experience Agile Project management and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, TestRail etc.
Experience with the following :
- DevOps troubleshooting,
- Jenkins Groovy script,
- Azure Yaml file Pipeline Scripting,
- Writing Dockerfile,
- Strong knowledge of VM platforms, such as VMware's vSphere or Linux KVM,
- Strong knowledge of container platforms like Docker
- Good in Bash scripting, PowerShell or Python.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.