Sr. Distributed Systems Architect
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries.
Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
What are we looking for?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Sr. Distributed Systems Architect with expertise in event streaming to work with our clients to solve technology needs in our Software Engineering practice. Consultants will be responsible for working directly with multiple clients in various industries as a member of a highly collaborative team of the best and brightest developers at West Monroe Partners.
What will you be doing?
- Our consultants are expected to interact with key decision makers (CIO, IT Directors, etc.) at our clients to drive and deliver projects
- Consultants are expected to work with our clients to solve problems through analysis of existing systems and processes
- Consultants work on full lifecycle projects from requirements gathering through design, implementation and rollout
- Consultants have the flexibility to be creative and have an impact on designs with a “blank slate” development mentality within the general boundaries of clients’ expectations
We need someone who has real world experience working with:
- 10+ years of experience in designing and implementing integration solutions
- Building highly available, scalable, lossless distributed systems serving large amounts of data at a minimum latency with high throughput
- Experience architecting and building event stream-based solutions and distributed systems
- Experience in Stream-based integration patterns and ecosystem of technologies: Kafka, Spark, and cloud-based equivalents (Azure Event Hubs, Amazon Kinesis).
- Hands on experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Spark
- Experience in Leading iPaaS / EAI tools (e.g. Mulesoft, Boomi, or similar)
- Experience in message-based integration patterns tools and brokered messaging solutions (e.g. ActiveMQ, NATS, RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus, Amazon MQ/SQS/SNS)
- Experience building integrations using modern development languages (e.g. C#, Java, Scala, NodeJS, or similar)
- Experience with designed, building, and advisory for decoupled message-based system integrations, using standard integration patterns and related technologies (e.g. iPaaS, brokered messaging, etc.)
- Experience with designing and building API-based integration and related technologies (e.g. API gateways and API management solutions)
- Experience building software in a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment
- Experience delivering software in the public cloud AWS or Azure
- Strong experience working with data such as - extracting, migrating, and processing complex data sets
- Knowledge of software engineering concepts (requirements management, development methodologies, testing and documentation) and an understanding of how technology applies to business concepts.
- Experience working hand-in-hand with clients and usability designers to validate and refine requirements and to produce technical designs that fit the requirements.
- Experience in working within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
What else do you need to bring to the table?
- Agile software development experience
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Desire and ability to work towards leading a team of 2-8
- Ability to work without direction and comfortable developing in uncharted territory
- Proactive desire to continue to broaden and deepen technical, business and consulting skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple client projects simultaneously
- Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- B.A. or B.S. in a relevant field