Sr Engineer - Research Development Engineering at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewResource Development Engineering (RDE)
- Develops, designs, evaluates, supports, and/or modifies system design or verification software consistent with customer and MSI requirements.
- Coordinates own tasks with team leader following the agile process.
- Technical paper research is expected to complete the complex assignments.
- Work with staff to establish best practices and procedures.
- Skilled in C# and C++.
- Able to work independently with a team of remote workers.
- Able to read existing software and efficiently debug it.
- Able to convert technical RF Engineering whitepapers into functioning code.
- Working knowledge of statistics.
NOTE: May live anywhere in the US
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable foreign university and 4+ years of experience
- OR 7+ years of engineering experience
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.