Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
The primary focus for the Sr. Frontend Engineer will be to maintain and build our front end app suite. The Sr. Frontend Engineer will work in a highly collaborative team within the Product & Engineering vertical building software of the highest quality, and develop deep understanding of our technical products.
What will you do as Sr. Frontend Engineer?
- Work closely with Product to spec out the technical aspects of a feature from inception through delivery
- Own front end feature development, ensuring tracking/analytics are instrumented and your work meets the agreed upon acceptance criteria
- Continuously improve existing codebases
- Write acceptance, integration and unit tests
- Be involved and conduct small to large scale architecture discussions when necessary.
- Help create engineering leaders by mentoring junior to mid level engineers.
- Collaborate with back-end engineers on various architecture discussions
What do you have a Sr. Frontend Engineer?
- Extensive experience with TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of ReactJS
- Strong knowledge of Redux/React Context API/Hooks
- Strong knowledge of front end technologies including HTML/CSS
- Experience working with API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests at various layers
- Experience developing responsive web applications
- Experience with building, deploying and operating technical components of sizable complexity.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with GraphQL
- ReactJS testing (Jest/react-testing-library)
- Experience working remotely
- Experience investigating data bugs throughout the stack
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.