Who We Are:
OppLoans is the nation’s leading socially responsible online lender and one of the highest rated online lenders in the industry. OppLoans has developed a proprietary platform that offers borrowers a safer, faster, and more responsible tool for online borrowing. Our services offer significantly lower rates and total transparency to the borrower.
What you get to do:
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will assist in the full stack development of our applications and services for our rapidly expanding product portfolio. Specifically, the Sr. Software Engineer will design the UI to enhance the customer experience, improve, develop & maintain customer facing web products and support backend services. We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer that is proficient with the React framework. In addition, you will get to…
- Collaborate with Business Operations and the Quality Engineering teams to ensure the code is well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and various development environments as needed.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, documenting and implementing software best practices.
- Continue to learn new tools, languages, and mentor other junior members as the organization and team grows.
What you will bring to the team:
As a Sr. Software Engineer, we are seeking those who can effectively collaborate and communicate with various teams and work independently. A successful member of our team will learn and understand the overall business objectives. The Software Engineering team is contributing to the overall development and improvement of the services/products we provide for our customers.
- Experience interpreting & refining business objectives into actionable requirements, having lead & delivered large scale projects from concept to production.
- At least 3 years of experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-driven development (BDD) experience using Rspec and Cucumber.
- At least 3 years of web development experience using HTML5 / CSS3 / JS
- At least 3 years of industry experience with React.js and its ecosystem.
- At least 3 years of experience building out Restful API’s and consuming 3rd party API’s.
- Experience executing deliverables within an Agile environment.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering is preferred.