Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover is looking for a talented, senior full stack web developer to join our application development team. Were looking for developers who are passionate about building software that delights our customers and foster a low effort experience.
The preferred candidate is one who enjoys working within a team in an entrepreneurial environment, influencing the long term direction of our solutions while working with a similar minded group of people. Our team operates very much like a startup that just happens to reside within a Fortune 300 company.
Youll love working on our team if youll enjoy mentoring with other developers, working directly with customers, leading your work vs. following a checklist, enjoy advocating for and driving change as well as inventing features or projects that solve a business challenge. Youll be part of a Skunkworks team that specializes in using the latest technologies to provide world class solutions to challenging and emerging business needs. Our technical solutions are fairly diverse. As such youll work on projects that range from call handling systems, to reporting systems, artificial intelligence and machine learning, real-time event based communication systems and even building video games for play at work.
- Skilled in multiple of the following languages (node.js, java, python)
- Skilled in task automation, continuous integration and delivery (gulp, webpack, test automation, Jenkins)
- Proficient in common libraries and frameworks (react and redux, express.js, socket.io, angular, spring)
- Proficient in robust application architecture (polyglot/microservice environments, fault tolerance)
- Familiar with cloud-based IaaS and PaaS solutions (AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Cloud Foundry)
- Familiar with containerization solutions like Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift is a plus
- Comfortable with modern database solutions (document and graph based, Mongo, neo4js, etc)
- Highly skilled in SQL (MariaDB, MySql, oracle)
- Proficient with Artificial intelligence and machine learning libraries and tooling is a plus (Tensorflow, Lex, Luis, api.ai)
- Strong communication skills
- Amazing team player with a hyper focus on the customer
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Exposure to GraphQL, Exposure to Graph databases such as Neo4J
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.