Sr. Integrations Engineer at Echo Global Logistics
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Global Logistics has recently been ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. We are looking for incredible people to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
The Sr. IntegrationsEngineeris responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and management of Echo's EDI and API integrated carriers and clients.You will contribute to the management and monitoring of Echo's client API and EDI integrations.Our continued goal is to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and our technical capabilities is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
- Maintain and manage existing API & EDI integrations
- Manage API & EDI documentation and processes
- Integrate new Echo clients onto the API suite based on their operational needs
- Assist in the integration of clients as EDI training partners
- Work with various internal Echo department to solicit requirements for API & EDI product enhancements
- Identify and implement process improvements for daily team operations
- Troubleshoot API & EDI issues and collaborate with internal Software Engineers and Quality Assurance team to create solutions for customer related issues
- Work directly with Echo customers to ensure their integration success
- Work with the business to improve invoice and track n' trace procedures using EDI tools
- Document and organize processes, systems, and contacts for improved EDI trading partner management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience - Technology focused preferred
- Experience in logistics industry preferred
- 5+ years EDI and API experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and conflict resolution
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Utilized SQL database
- Demonstrated ability to logically approach a business problem and understand Echo's IT systems and integration interdependencies
- Proactive problem solver that seeks to quickly resolve and address integration issues
- Ability to learn and understand Echo's IT systems and the integration interdependencies
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.