This position is open to fully-remote candidates who can work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. Candidates also have the option to work from one of our office locations in Chicago or Toronto.
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of how many qualifications they meet. Most of our posted positions have a degree of flexibility in the stated requirements.
As a Sr. iOS Engineer you will help architect, develop, and maintain the Vivid Seats iOS App. You'll research and incorporate modern best architectural standards, refactor our code base when necessary, and scale the consumer facing Vivid Seats app that has millions of downloads.
Our team works with a Swift codebase, utilizing a VIPER-derived architecture, and emphasizes custom built solutions over third-party. Our mobile engineers collaborate with our Product, Quality and Design Teams to select technology, optimize our current experience, and implement product differentiators to improve the experience for our users. We've built lean and empower teams to look critically at our apps, innovate, and drive new solutions forward. Our delivery teams work together- standardizing the way we write code across platforms and providing ownership that extends beyond individual teams.
This is an opportunity to have a huge impact on the evolution of the Vivid Seats iOS App. Our development teams are committed to high quality design patterns, testable code, innovation, and always putting our customers first. Excited? Us too!
To be successful, you'll need:
- A proven career developing mobile apps for iOS (Swift / Objective-C)
- Experience shipping iOS apps to the App Store
- Strong knowledge of consuming REST APIs and backend services
- Passion for mobile platforms and keeping up with the latest technologies, usability, and user experiences
- Familiarity with Agile development cycles, rapid prototyping, and A/B Testing
- Exposure to SQL, NoSQL, and real-time data pipelines
- Ability to learn and share new technologies with enthusiasm and a high degree of efficiency
- Desire to work autonomously in an independent and small team environment with cross-platform and cross-functional team members
- Experience with Reactive Programming, Unit Testing, UI Testing Frameworks, and CI/CD tools a plus
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting our customers first
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter - which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allows our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each employee direct accountability of creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, 401K matching, a generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks.