Sr. iOS Software Engineer - Mobile
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, deliver, and test awesome iOS applications while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub and Seamless brands
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we’ll need your help to do that
You Should Have
- 4+ years of experience developing in Objective-C, Cocoa/Cocoa Touch and related iOS Technologies along with experience in REST and foundation networking APIs
- Ability to design and architect complex UI hierarchies
- Understanding of MVC, asynchronous/multi-threading patterns, cocoa design patterns, and other object oriented patterns/concepts
- Demonstrated skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code
- Experience with collaborative version control (we use git)
- Experience with XML, JSON or other markup languages
- A creative and agile team-player with a passion for product quality and attention to the little things.
- College degree in Computer Science or related field of study/equivalent experience
Got These? Even Better:
- e-Commerce experience.
- Knowledge of Java and Android development.
- Attends or organizes local iOS Meetups
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
- We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.