Sr. Java Engineer at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What will you do?
- Design, build and maintain our backend applications and infrastructure
- Support production applications including on-call responsibilities
- Own features from start to finish while working with your scrum team to ensure on time delivery with technical excellence and quality
- Collaborate with other teammates to creatively solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to users interface and experience
- Help improve, expand and maintain our acquisition, applicant and customer APIs
- Work with the engineering and product team to help bring the features on our ambitious roadmap to life for our customers
What do you have?
- Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Experience working on a Scrum team
- Professional working experience in the JVM as well openness to learning Kotlin
- TypeScript knowledge and experience using it either as a frontend, backend or full stack developer
- Strong architecture skills, able to present ideas and implement designs to meet the needs of customers
- Strong understanding of RESTful API conventions
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Ability to strike a balance between the needs of today with building towards a greater future
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.