Sr. Java Engineer at PowerReviews
PowerReviews is a fast-growing software company who partners with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to help them improve product and shopping experiences. Through user-generated feedback like reviews, Q&A, and customer surveys, PowerReviews connects the entire shopping experience giving both businesses and consumers critical information for making informed decisions.
In your role as a Senior Java Engineer, you will take responsibility for the technical excellence of one of our scrum teams and own the delivery of new features and on-going effectiveness for one or more core areas of our software platform.
About Our Team
We have a team-oriented culture, and you will find yourself working closely with other engineers of varying disciplines (DevOps, QA, Front-End ReactJS, Full-Stack Ruby, etc), product, data science as well as other parts of the organization. We build and maintain a scalable platform that evolves to ever changing business requirements, we learn from our experiences to always improve, and we have fun and celebrate our successes.
Our Tech Stack
We use AWS with many of our applications written in Java and using open-source technologies. Our engineers also look to adopt modern technologies to solve our business challenges.
Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.js
Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Linux
Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI and Deployment, Sumologic, Datadog, Maven, Git
- Lead sprint team to deliver product enhancements, working with product managers to prioritize product backlog and ensure technical requirements are met by the team.
- Identify and solve important technical problems, collaborating with front-end, QA, product, devops and UX teammates in an agile development environment.
- Share ownership and establish expertise on large sections of our codebase while identifying, learning, and applying a variety of technologies and working in the AWS ecosystem.
- Promote high quality code both through leading by example and by mentoring engineers via pairing, design review, and extensive participation in code reviews.
- Reduce the complexity of our code base, infrastructure, and production operations in order to get more done with less work.
- Open to managing software engineers, including conducting weekly one-on-ones, setting objectives, and providing continual performance feedback.
- Professional experience (7+ years preferred) with hands-on Java development, database modeling and design, and scalable web architectures.
- Deep understanding of Java technologies and tools such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, SQL, Hibernate/JPA.
- Experience making architectural designs to deliver scalable, high-volume REST API's
- Fluency working with Linux, SCM tools (Git), Maven, Intellij/Eclipse, and CI/CD methodologies
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Casual work environment
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work from home policies
- Company lunches provided weekly; snacks always available
- On-tap wine, beer, kombucha, iced coffee and cold brew
- Rooftop, on-site gym, and office events
- Sports leagues and ping-pong tournaments
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.