Sr. Java Engineer
PowerReviews creates software that drives traffic, increases sales, and provides actionable insights for more than 1,000 brands and retailers on over 5,000 websites. Our platform serves as an essential resource for consumers throughout their purchase journey. Our syndication network reaches more than 500 million in-market shoppers each month through an unrivaled solution suite. PowerReviews is on a mission to create a smarter path to purchase.
As a member of the PowerReviews development team, you will design and develop software to achieve high performance, usability and stability within the context of our extensive product platform. Our platform is responsible for gathering, moderating, and publishing of user generated content for our customers’ websites. Our highest application API volumes exceed 400K requests per minute all while exceeding 99.99% uptime SLA’s.
Our Tech Stack
Our technology stack is constantly evolving and our engineers are always looking to adopt new but relevant trends. We use open source software and AWS almost exclusively.
Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.js
Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Linux
Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI, Sumologic, Datadog
- Lead sprint team to deliver product enhancements, working with product managers to prioritize product backlog and ensure technical requirements are met by the team.
- Identify and solve important technical problems, collaborating with front-end, QA, product, devops and UX teammates in an agile development environment.
- Share ownership and establish expertise on large sections of our codebase while identifying, learning, and applying a variety of technologies and working in the AWS ecosystem.
- Promote high quality code both through leading by example and by mentoring engineers via pairing, design review, and extensive participation in code reviews.
- Reduce the complexity of our code base, infrastructure, and production operations in order to get more done with less work.
- Open to managing software engineers, including conducting weekly one-on-ones, setting objectives, and providing continual performance feedback.
- Professional experience (8+ years preferred) with hands-on Java development, database modeling and design, and scalable web architectures.
- Deep understanding of Java technologies and tools such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, SQL, Hibernate/JPA.
- Experience making architectural designs to deliver scalable, high-volume REST API's
- Fluency working with Linux, SCM tools (Git), Maven, Intellij/Eclipse, and CI/CD methodologies
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Open office environment and casual dress code
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work from home policies
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Company lunches provided weekly; snacks always available
- On-tap wine, beer, kombucha, iced coffee and cold brew
- Rooftop, gym, and office events
- Sports leagues and ping-pong tournaments
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.