Sr. Linux Systems Engineer - Federal at ServiceNow
ServiceNow believes in the power of technology to reduce the complexity in our jobs. At ServiceNow, we make work, work better for people with modern digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity.
Built on the Now Platform, our product portfolio delivers the IT, employee, and customer workflows that matter—with enterprise solutions to help drive every part of a company’s digital transformation. Companies can simplify how work gets done, deliver intuitive experiences, and build digital workflow apps with a single cloud platform.
This position will support our US Federal customers and require US Citizenship.
This requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
As a key member of the Self Host Operation Team you will be assisting our self-hosted customers to troubleshoot their system, database, and infrastructure related problems. In this challenging role you will ensure the availability and reliability of the ServiceNow applications running within our customer self-hosted environments. You will also work closely with engineers and developers in Cloud Opereations and across the company.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The ideal candidate will have expert-level skills with Linux / Unix with RedHat certification stongly preferred.
In addition you should have a strong background in systems or database administration and engineering, understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers.Qualifications
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10-15+ years of hands-on experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS).
- RedHat certification strongly preferred.
- Several years experience with hands-on deployment, configuration and tuning ofMySQL/MariaDB and Oracle; proficiency preferred.
- Strong experience with troubleshooting production environments covering web front-end, Tomcat application servers, Systems, Databases and Networks.
- Experience with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing. F5 and Apache/NGINX deployment and configuration is preferred.
- Background in deploying and managing JDK’s on Unix/Linux and use of encryption with Java and JDBC connections is required.
- Experience with performance and availability monitoring, analysis, and configuration management platforms (e.g. Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Ansible, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable.
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics (or equivalent experience)
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.